Tuesday, June 14, 2011

65 year plan when a student is 14?

Here is a post from Lisa, an ex student of mine about having students plan 65 years into the future.
 
 
For all those who are graduating or or all those who have already gradated from high school, you probably know what I’m talking about. Everyone tries to convince you that you need to have the next 65 years of your life planned out. No joke, I had to make a 65 year plan for a CALM assignment. In reality though, everyone’s wishing they could go back to the days when the world was before them and they had time to make mistakes and choose something different. So why is everyone trying to get us kids to rush into something if they’re not even sure what they wanna be when they grow up? I get that going to school, getting a job and making money are all important. But so are things like maintaining relationships and gaining life experience. Some people think I’m foolish because I haven’t got it all figured out yet. Personally, I think the most foolish people are those who pick something to do because they feel obligated to, instead of living life to the fullest while you’re still young.

No comments:

Post a Comment